The EliteNAS EN316L12DSD128 Intel Quad Core 64 bit Edition
is a comprehensive feature-dense 3U 16-bay NAS + iSCSI + Fibre Channel (via optional add-on) unified / hybrid storage rackmount with the Intel Quad-Core processor and 32GB DDR-3 ECC memory. The EN316L12DSD128 is a performance tuned NAS + iSCSI + Fibre Channel storage designed with hardware RAID protection and dual 10GbE SFP+, quad Gigabit Ethernet, capable of unlimited clients with network share, and supports in IP SAN storage. Built-in SATA RAID 6 supports up to 112TB of total storage, and an optional SAS expander feature allows expansion of up to 120 drives, using additional EliteSTOR SAS Expander JBOD storage units, making a total of 960TB total storage in a network sharing or iSCSI / FC SAN environment. With both 12G SAS and SATA, the EN316L12DSD128 is capable of fulfilling the most demanding storage needs.
Dual 10 Gigabit SFP+, Quad port Gigabit, and Hardware RAID Hard Drives Protection
This EliteNAS model is built with simple setup and maintenance features. Installation wizard for easy implementation, convenience web-based management for local or remote configuration, dual 10GbE and quad 10/100/1000 network support for teaming or redundant networking, and hardware RAID support for your data storage make the EliteNAS a simple trouble free unit. Dedicated dual core hardware RAID processor RAID engines support online migration and expansion while offloading complex RAID calculations to improve overall performance.
Optional SAS Expander support for storage expansion
The 12G SAS expander module allows you to connect additional 12G SAS expander JBODs (EliteSTOR ES208X12, ES212X12, ES316X12, and ES424X12), or up to 120 total drives. (Additional Gateway License required)
Support 12G SAS or 6G SATA hard drives
Support to both high performance 12G SAS hard drives or high capacity, low cost 6G SATA hard drives.
Hardware RAID support up to 60
Supports latest RAID levels, including RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 for advanced data protection in large numbers of hard drive deployments.
Feature Rich Network Storage - Build-in Snapshot, Folder Replication and iSCSI
In comparison to other NAS units in the market, EliteNAS is bundled with many additional advanced features at no additional charge. iSCSI target support for iSCSI applications, iSCSI initiator support for easy future expansion, NAS to NAS folder replication, scheduled or on-demand volume snapshot, and local tape backup support, are just a few of the many features this product offers.
iSCSI Support for VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V
To take advantage of centralized storage for all virtual machines in VMware ESX or Vsphere, the EN316L12DSD128 can be used as a focal storage point for the VMWare ESX or ESXi server hosting multiple virtual machines. Utilizing the EN316L12DSD128 as an iSCSI target storage system for the VMware ESX/ESXi server, the EN316L12DSD128 is ready for your VMware storage virtualization needs.
Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization environment is also supported. With the support of SPC-3, iSCSI can be used in Microsoft Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 clustering environment for high-availability applications.
Optional NAS to NAS Automatic Active Cluster Mirroring
Active Cluster Mirroring (ACM) is optional features used to bind two EliteNAS servers as one, so the data written to both systems simultaneously. At the same time, automatic fail-over will supported in case of primary system is fail. Clients attached to the primary NAS server can be serviced by the secondary server and will not notice the fail-over process when the secondary EliteNAS takes over to provide high avaliablity redundancy. Supported up to 4 units.
For more information, please see download our Active Cluster Mirroring Guide
Optional Real time NAS to NAS Replication (AC-SAN-ENASREP)
Real time NAS to NAS replication provide is optional features used to provide disaster recovery via LAN or WAN to a secondary unit. Also known as asynchronous replication, real time replication replicate or copy newly written data to secondary unit right away instead of scheduled time, allowing data being backup right away.
Optional Fibre Channel Target Upgrade for Hybrid Storage
Fibre Channel Target allows using EliteNAS series upgraded to support Fibre Channel SAN. With the upgrade to either 2-port 16Gb/s Fibre Channel option (Part#: KT-EN2P16FC) or 4-port 16Gb/s Fibre Channel option (Part#: KT-EN4P16FC), EliteNAS series can instantly connection to the most common interface in the today IT environments. NAS (CIFS/NFS/AFP), iSCSI and Fibre Channel can simultaneously supported in a single device, consolidate IT management and provide flexibility for today ever changing IT environments.
10Gb Network Interface Controller for 10GbE Network Support
10Gb Ethernet network Interface controller card is supported for 10Gb Networking. With 10 times faster bandwidth compared to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet, the 10Gb network interface controller provides high performance solutions when needed. 10GBASE-T, XFP, SFP+ and CX4 connectors are available.
Environmental friendly 80 Plus Redundant Power Supply
To provide the most environmental friendly possible, yet protect from power supply failure, for using in data center environment, EliteNAS 12G series are equipped with 80 Plus Platinum level (94%) or above redundant power supply.
Design for Data Center - Remote Monitoring / IPMI for Advance User
Build-in with IPMI feature, advance user can now connect to the EliteNAS storage as if they are in front of the unit. IPMI provide next level of service, special deploy for datacenter or remote disaster recovery site.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- Supports IPV6 for more flexibility in allocating IP addresses and efficiency for routing web traffic.
- Multiple NAS Aggregation (single name space NAS expansion), allowing the integration of multiple or additional NAS units under a common root folder.
- OS mirroring along with the new management GUI interface.
- Highly efficient OS based on 64 bit Operating Systems.
- An intriguing Web GUI Using Web Browser GUI can configure, access and monitor the NAS/iSCSI.
- High file transfer rate for all types of protocols: NFS, AFP, CIFS, FTP, and iSCSI.
- Robust Journaling File Systems – XFS / EXT4.
- File-sharing for clients in heterogeneous or mixed OS platforms is supported.
- Supported Protocol and Service:
- Supports Client File System – SMB, CIFS, NFS, AFP, FTP, SFTP.
- Support Network Transport Protocols – TCP/IP, SNMP MIBII, AppleTalk, NTP, DHCP, HTTP/HTTPS.
- Support Network services – DHCP, ADS/ADDS, NIS, LDAP, NTP Server.
- Support Teaming over Gigabit NICs.
- Supports 7 modes of network port bonding: Teaming for Load-Balancing & Fail-Over, 802.3ad.
- Multiple Volume Snapshots, Schedulable & On-Demand.
- NAS-to-NAS Folder Replications: Scheduled Differential and Scheduled Full Copy with Compression.
- Include iSCSI target & initiator functions for IP-SAN infrastructure.
- Remote system monitoring for Fan status, Temperatures, RAID status, HDD status, Network connectivity status.
- Remote Monitoring and Remote Email Notifications.
- Auto email notification for pre-defined events.
- Supports storage quota assignment to group or to individual users, as well as warning when approaching quota full.
- Volume Snapshots supported - Supports multiple Snapshots for ‘point-in-time” user data image against accidental user file deletion and data corruption or virus attack. Snapshot can be scheduled and/or On-Demand
- Build-in iSCSI initiator – a new NAS act as an iSCSI target, and connect it into the existing NAS as if it is part of the local storage.
- Supports local folder creation under each root network share
- Multi-Level sub-folders supported.
- Network Share can be created based on volume or based on subfolder.
User Support and Security
- Maximum number of local user accounts: 60,000
- Maximum number of characters for user name: 31 characters
- Maximum number of characters for user password: 128 characters
- Local user account supported with “Home” Directory option
- Windows ADS / PDC / Workgroup supported
- Special feature supporting Windows ADS with large number user accounts.
- Multi User IDs supported for Windows ADS administrators
- ACL – Access Control List supported, Local ACL supported down to Folder-Level and File-Level.
- NIS – Network Information Services for Unix/Linux supported
- LDAP supported
- HTTPS/SSL Service supported
- Host (IP) filtering
- A NAS discovery tool, NAS-Finder, will automatically discover any and all NAS units in the local network, and allow Administrator to manually add an entry for remote NAS unit over internet/VPN/WAN.
- Monitoring NAS resource utilization status via Web GUI.
- Monitoring On-Line Users and Folder-being-accessed via Web GUI
- Support system log to be downloaded and email to technical support personnel for further trouble-shooting.
- Support system configuration to be backup and restore
- iSCSI Target function allows a certain portion(s) of the storage to be partitioned as iSCSI volume(s) and assigned to specific host computer, appearing as if a local disk to that host computer.
- Provides block level services (iSCSI) and file services (NAS) in a unified storage system.
- Build-in iSCSI initiator function allows the NAS to mount remote iSCSI target volume as its local physical storage, and expand its storage capacity
- Combination of iSCSI Target and Initiator support between multiple NAS units can be used as one of the method to do Multi-NAS-Aggregation for storage expansions
- Build-in Snapshot support iSCSI volumes
- iSCSI volume supports Microsoft Server 2012 R2 Failover Clustering (SPC-3) and VMware ESX/ESXi Server
Optional Active Cluster Mirroring for bare-metal mirroring and failover
- Tower Based MobileNAS and AccuNAS series, as well as rackmount based EliteNAS NAS series product line are fully interoperable for folder replications.
- Different models can replicate to each other.
- Scheduled or on-demand replication.
- Build-in Differential Replication allow deploy multiple units in different location via Internet/Intranet
- Building block of a total enterprise solution.
- Active Cluster Mirroring provide automatically failover in case of hardware failure.
- Mirroring function guarantee both primary and backup server have the same data.
- Eliminate downtimes, in event of failure, all traffic will automatically route to backup server.
- Support both iSCSI and NAS sharing.
- Support up to 4 units.
- For more information, please see download our Active Cluster Mirroring Guide.
Optional Real time Asynchronous replication
- NAS to NAS replication in real-time instead of schedule.
- Support both LAN or WAN environment for production and disaster recovery site implementation.
- Ideal for backup or disaster recovery.
- Minimal downtimes, in event of failure, all traffic can route to backup server by a IP change.
Optional Fibre Channel Target for Hybrid Storage
- 2-ports Fibre Channel 16 Gb/s (KT-EN2P16FC) or 4-ports Fibre Channel 16 Gb/s (KT-EN4P16FC) upgrade.
- Fibre Channel Target allows certain volume in the EliteNAS storage to be partitioned as Fibre Channel volume(s) and assigned to specific host computer, appearing as if a local disk to that host computer.
- Support direct attached to Fibre Channel enabled computer or Support Fibre Channel SAN using Fibre Channel switch.
- Fibre Channel Target options support virtual environments, including Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware or Citrix Xen servers.
- Operating system specific design for NAS and iSCSI application.
- Intel Quad-Core processor.
- 8GB ECC DDR-2 memory.
- Supports 12G SAS and 6G SATA hard drive.
- RAID 0, 1, 10, 3, 5, 6, 50, 60, JBOD and hot spare drives
- Quad port Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Hardware RAID controller card.
- Optional 10GbE Ethernet controller card for 10GbE network.
- Optional Fibre Channel Card for Fibre Channel Target.
- OS on DOM (Disk-on-Module) without mechanical wear and tear.
| Optional Packages
||EliteNAS Active Clustering Mirroring - Two NAS or Four NAS will mirrored and automatically failover.
||EliteNAS Asynchronous replication - Real time replication between NAS to NAS.
||EliteNAS 2-port Fibre Target Options add-on.
||EliteNAS 4-port Fibre Target Options add-on.
||Single XFP port 10G network interface card upgrade
||Single SFP+ port 10G network interface card upgrade
||Single CX4 port 10G network interface card upgrade
||Single QSFP+ port 10G network interface card upgrade
||Single 10GBASE-T port 10G network interface card upgrade
||Dual SFP+ ports 10G network interface card upgrade
||Dual CX4 ports 10G network interface card upgrade
||Dual QSFP+ ports 10G network interface card upgrade
||Dual 10GBASE-T ports network interface card upgrade
||Quad SFP+ ports 10G network interface card upgrade
* 2 ports and 4 ports Gigabit netowrk interface upgrade is available.