Dual Gigabit and RAID Hard Drives Protection
EliteNAS Windows NAS / iSCSI Unified Storage hardware comes standard with dual 10/100/1000 network and hardware RAID support. Dual 10/100/1000 network adapters allows network teaming or redundant networking providing sufficient performance for your critical data. Build-in hardware RAID not only provides a peace of mind by providing redundancy for hard drive failure, but it also allows offload of complex RAID parity calculation to dedicated RAID engines, resulting lower CPU utilization from host computer/server.
SAS Expander support for storage expansion
Supports SAS expander; allows the EN316W+BXE to connect to additional 7 more SAS expander JBOD (EliteSTOR ES208X+BE, ES316X+B or ES424X+B), or up to 122 total drives for 366TB total storage capacity.
Supports 6G SAS or SATA hard drives
Supports both high performance SAS hard drives and high capacity, low-cost SATA hard drives.
Hardware RAID support up to 60
New support latest RAID level, including RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 30, 50 and 60 for advance data protection in large number of hard drives deployments.
Feature Rich Network Storage - Built-in De-duplication, Snapshot, Folder Replication and iSCSI
EliteNAS EN316W+BXE with Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008 (WSS2008) provides file and block level storage services that is built-in on Windows Server 2008. File based access fully support Active Directory in CIFS and NFS. Block level storage supported by providing both iSCSI initiator and target. WSS2008 is optimized from Windows Server 2008 for performance in the file serving role as well as Single Instant Storage (SIS) for de-duplication, Volume Shadow Copy service (VSS) for snapshot and Distributed File System Replication (DFS-R) for file replication.
iSCSI for Hyper-V Host and Guest
With Hyper-V, the Microsoft hypervisor-based server virtualization technology enables customer to make the best use of your server hardware investments by running multiple different operating systems—Windows, Linux, and others simultaneously on a single server, to fully utilize the power of the latest computer processor technology. WSS2008 build-in iSCSI support enable Hyper-V guest to expand its storage via iSCSI. It also support cluster system by supporting of shared iSCSI storage with SCSI-3 persistent target.
Additional Storage Expansion-No Storage Expansion Gateway license needed
In order to maximize the return on investment, the EN316W+BXE allows additional storage expansion without additional cost allowing additional direct attached or storage area network storage connection via EN316W+BXE as NAS or iSCSI.
10Gb Network Interface Controller Option for 10GbE Network Support
10Gb Ethernet network Interface controller card supports 10Gb Networking. With 10 times faster bandwidth compared to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet, 10Gb network interface controller provides high performance solution when needed. XFP, SFP+ and CX4 connection are also available.
- Operating system specific design for NAS and iSCSI application
- Intel Westmere Xeon Quad-Core processor.
- 4GB ECC DDR-3 memory in Triple Channel.
- Supports the latest 3TB SAS or SATA II hard drive. Up to 32TB of storage capacity.
- Hardware RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 with global or dedicated hot-spare.
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet.
- Convenient setup and easy maintenance. Support Remote Desktop Connections, Remote Web Administration, and Windows Server Remote Administration Applet
- Supports CIFS and NFS
- Support Windows Active Directory Service.
- Support de-duplication by using Single Instant Storage (SIS)
- Support replication by using Distributed File System Replication (DFS-R)
- Support Snapshot by using Volume Shadow Copy service (VSS)
- Supports iSCSI.
- Supports iSCSI target and initiator.
- Supports Microsoft Hyper-V Server.
- Optional 10GbE Ethernet controller card for 10GbE Network.