Quad Gigabit and RAID Protection
EliteNAS Windows NAS / iSCSI Unified Storage hardware come standard with dual 10/100/1000 network and hardware RAID support. Quad 10/100/1000 network supports network teaming or redundant networking providing superior performance for your critical data. Build-in hardware RAID not only provides a peace of mind by providing redundancy for hard drive failure but also allows offloading of complex RAID parity calculation to dedicated RAID engines lowering CPU utilization from host computer/server.
SAS Expander support for storage expansion
Allows SAS expander to connect to 7 additional SAS expander JBOD (EliteSTOR ES208X+BE, ES316X+B or ES424X+B) units, or up to 360 total drives, for 1080TB of total storage capacity.
Supports SAS or SATA hard drives
Supports both high performance SAS hard drives or high capacity, low cost SATA hard drives.
Hardware RAID support up to 60
New support latest RAID level, including RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 30, 50 and 60 for advance data protection in large number of hard drives deployments.
Feature Rich Network Storage - Built-in De-duplication, Snapshot, Folder Replication and iSCSI
EliteNAS EN872W+BXE with Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008 (WSS2008) provides file and block level storage services that are built-in on Windows Server 2008. File based access fully supports Active Directory in CIFS and NFS. Block level storage is supported by providing both iSCSI initiator and target. WSS2008 is optimized for performance in the file serving role. WSS2008 also comes standard with Single Instant Storage (SIS) for de-duplication, Volume Shadow Copy service (VSS) for snapshot and Distributed File System Replication (DFS-R) for file replication.
iSCSI for Hyper-V Host and Guest
With Hyper-V, the Microsoft hypervisor-based server virtualization technology, enables you to make the best use of your server hardware investments by running multiple different operating systems—Windows, Linux, and others simultaneously on a single server utilizing the power of latest computer processor technology. WSS2008's built-in iSCSI support enables Hyper-V guest to expand their storage via iSCSI. It also supports shared iSCSI storage with SCSI-3 persistent target.
Additional Storage Expansion-No Storage Expansion Gateway License Needed
In order to maximize the return on investment, the EN850W+BXE allows additional direct attached or storage area network storage connected via EN872W+BXE as NAS or iSCSI.
10Gb Network Interface Controller Option for 10GbE Network Support
10Gb Ethernet network Interface controller card is supported for 10Gb Networking. With 10 times faster bandwidth compare to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet, 10Gb network interface controller provide high performance solution when needed. XFP, SFP+ and CX4 connector are available.
- Operating system specific design for NAS and iSCSI application
- Dual Intel Xeon Quad-Core processor.
- 8GB ECC DDR-3 memory in Triple Channel.
- Supports the latest 3TB SAS or SATA hard drive. Up to 216TB of storage capacity.
- Hardware RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 with global or dedicated hot-spare.
- Quad Gigabit Ethernet.
- Convenient setup and easy maintenance. Support Remote Desktop Connections, Remote Web Administration, and Windows Server Remote Administration Applet
- Supports CIFS and NFS
- Support Windows Active Directory Service.
- Support de-duplication by using Single Instant Storage (SIS)
- Support replication by using Distributed File System Replication (DFS-R)
- Support Snapshot by using Volume Shadow Copy service (VSS)
- Supports iSCSI.
- Supports iSCSI target and initiator.
- Supports Microsoft Hyper-V Server
- Optional 10GbE Ethernet controller card for 10GbE Network.